These muffins may be Vegan & Gluten Free, but they don’t disappoint when it comes to flavor. These muffins are packed with goodness and are great as a snack or grab & go breakfast.
Makes 12 Muffins. Prep Time 20 Minutes Cook Time 35 Minutes
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Flax Meal + 2-3 Tablespoons Water to make a Flax Egg
- 1 Cup Grated Zucchini
- 1/3 Cup Ripe Mashed Banana
- 1/2 Cup Melted Coconut Oil or Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Flour (I like Bob’s Red Milii 1 for 1)
- 1/2 Cup Almond Meal
- 2/3 Cup Gluten Free Oats
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Non-Dairy Milk (I like Oat or Almond)
- 1/4 Cup Golden Raisins
- 1/4 Cup Pecans or Walnuts (Crushed or Chopped)
- Pre-heat your oven at 375 and grease (with coconut oil) a 12 cup muffin pan.
- In a mixing bowl mix up your flax egg and allow to thicken 3-5 minutes.
- While the flax egg is sitting, grate your zucchini and ring out in a paper towel to get rid of excess moisture.
- In the bowl with your flax egg, mash in your banana.
- Add your oil, maple syrup, applesuace and combine well.
- In a Separate bowl mix the flour, almond meal, oats, brown sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- To your egg and banana mixture add your milk, grated zucchini and raisins and mix well.
- Stir in your flour to the wet mixture and mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Using a fisher evenly scoop the mixture into your greased muffin tins and top with the crushed pecans.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 30-35 minutes. A toothpick should come clean when inserted into the muffin. Allow muffins to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the pan and cool.
Muffins may be kept at room temperate in an airtight container or plastic bag for 3-5 Days.